UK Secondment Worker Visa

A Complete Guide to the UK Secondment Worker Visa Requirements

The Secondment Worker visa allows overseas workers to be temporarily seconded to the UK by their employer as part of a high-value contract between their employer and a UK organisation. You can find out from your employer whether or not your contract would make you eligible to apply for this visa. 

You can stay in the UK on the Secondment Worker visa for 12 months or the time given on your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) plus 14 days, whichever is shorter. This visa does not lead to settlement or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

As part of the visa scheme, the UK company that your employer has a contract with will act as your sponsor, and you will work for them once you arrive in the UK. The contract between your employer and your UK sponsor must be worth at least £50 million to be eligible.

If you need assistance with your UK Secondment Worker visa application, call us at +44 20 3151 9366.

What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the Secondment Worker Visa?

To apply for the Secondment Worker visa, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • Work for an overseas business that has a high-value contract with your UK sponsor
  • Have worked outside the UK for that specific overseas business for a total period of at least 12 months
  • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from your UK sponsor detailing the job you will be doing in the UK
  • Do a job listed on the Home Office list of eligible occupations 

You can check if your job is eligible by finding out your four-digit occupation code. The code should be on your Certificate of Sponsorship, or you can also ask your overseas employer. 

What Are the Documents Needed for the Secondment Worker Visa?

As part of the application process, you will need to provide the following documentation:

  • The reference number for your Certification of Sponsorship (CoS) which your UK sponsor will provide to you
  • The title of your job alongside the occupation code
  • Your sponsor’s name and their licence number as detailed on the CoS
  • A valid passport or another form of documentation proving your identity and nationality
  • Evidence proving you have at least £1,270 in your bank account to support yourself once you are in the UK. The evidence could be in the form of bank statements. If your sponsor is supporting you, it should state this on your Certificate of Sponsorship 
  • Evidence showing your relationship with your partner or children if they are also applying with you
  • Tuberculosis test results if the country you are arriving from is listed

Alongside these documents, you may be asked to provide evidence showing that you have worked for your employer outside the UK for 12 months. You may also be asked to provide a valid ATAS certificate if the sponsor states you need one if your job involves researching a sensitive subject at PhD level or higher. 

How Can Yes UK Immigration Help You With the Secondment Worker Visa?


Our immigration advice is clear and unambiguous so that you are certain how you can meet the immigration requirements and submit a strong application. 

Unquestionable Knowledge

We have over a decade of expert immigration experience which we have built up over the years. This means that we have plenty of in-depth knowledge that we tailor to our clients’ individual needs. 

Stree-Free Support

We aim to create a stress-free process that gives you the peace of mind that your application is being handled by the right experts. 

Speak to our experts!

We have a wealth of knowledge in
the entire range of immigration!

We have a wealth of knowledge in the entire range of immigration!

judi bola

judi bola

slot thailand