The Global Talent Visa aims to attract the brightest academics, specialists, humanities, arts an culture, digital technology, science, medicine and, engineering to the UK.
The Global Talent Visa route is an exciting immigration route to the UK. It aims to attract the brightest academics, specialists in research, humanities, arts and culture, digital technology, science, medicine and, engineering to the UK. It is also available to exceptionally talented persons in fashion, architecture, film and, television.
To qualify for the Global Talent visa, you have to work in a qualifying field and be endorsed as one of the following;
– Recognised leader (exceptional talent); or
– Emerging leader (exceptional promise); or
– Under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option
The applicant has to apply for endorsement in his/her particular field and apply for the visa. It is possible to apply for both stages at once, but if the visa application is refused, the applicant will lose the Home Office application fee.
It is thus better to first ensure endorsement in your particular field.
An organisation in your specific field (endorsing body) will review your application to get endorsed.
Currently, the endorsing bodies are;
– The Royal Society, for science and medicine;
– The Royal Academy of Engineering, for engineering;
– The British Academy, for humanities;
– Tech Nation, for digital technology;
– Arts Council England, for arts and culture;
– UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), for research applicants.
– The Arts Council England will pass on applicants in the field of fashion, architecture, film, and television to their relevant endorsing bodies.
Please note: It is possible to request an endorsement review if your endorsement was unsuccessful.
Numerous advantages are available through the Global Talent Visa, including:
– you can work for an employer, the director of a company, or be self-employed
– if a company wishes to employ you, they do not have to hold a UK Sponsor Licence
– you can apply for settlement after five years if you enter the UK on the Exceptional Promise route or three years if you gain a Global Talent Visa.
– You are free to change jobs without having to inform the Home Office
Please contact the team to discuss your visa and it’s criteria.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.