This visa allows a representative of a foreign company to come to the UK and set up a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business.
This visa category has become a popular option for companies and entrepreneurs with businesses abroad.
This visa allows a representative of a foreign company to come to the UK and set up a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the overseas business which is involved in the same type of business activity as the overseas business.
It is vital that the required criteria are met and that sufficient and robust evidence is submitted of all of the requirements.
Successful applicants are allowed to bring their dependents to the UK.
Before you apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa, you must prove that:
– you are a senior employee of the overseas business which has its headquarters and principal place of business outside of the United Kingdom
– the company has no active branch, subsidiary or other representative in the United Kingdom with full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the overseas business
– you will be employed full-time in the UK as the representative of the overseas business
– you must not be a majority shareholder in the overseas business
– you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents adequately without recourse to public funds
– you must also meet a basic English language requirement in speaking and listening.
If you are with the same company and undertaking the same kind of work with your employer, then you may be able to extend your Representative of an Overseas Business visa for a further period of 2 years.
The extension application is subject to meeting various requirements. Please contact the team to discuss an extension of this visa.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.