UK Graduate Trainee Visa

A Complete Guide to the UK Graduate Trainee Visa Requirements

The Graduate Trainee visa is for overseas workers looking to work for their employer in their UK branch as part of a structured graduate training programme. You can stay in the UK on the Graduate Trainee visa for 12 months or the time given on your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) plus 14 days, whichever is shorter. This visa does not lead to settlement or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Should you need help with your UK Graduate Trainee visa application, don’t hesitate to contact us at +44 20 3151 9366.

What Are the Eligibility Requirements for the Graduate Trainee Visa?

To meet the eligibility requirements for the Graduate Trainee visa, you need to:

  • Be 18 or over when you make your application
  • Have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from your employer which must be a UK-registered sponsor 
  • Have worked for your overseas employer for 3 months prior to making the application
  • Do an eligible job that is on the Home Office list of eligible occupations
  • Have a job where you are paid the minimum eligible salary required for that role which is set at £23,100 or 70% of the “going rate” for your specific job, whichever is higher. However, if you work in healthcare or education, the salary must be at least £23,100 or the full going rate for the role

If you do not know if your job is eligible, you can ask your employer for the job’s four-digit occupation code, which is also on your CoS, and check the list of eligible occupations to see if it meets the visa requirements. 

If you need help with your UK Scale-up visa application, reach out to us at +44 20 3151 9366.

What Are the Documents Needed for the Graduate Trainee Visa?

To apply you will need to provide the following documents for the Graduate Trainee visa: 

  • The reference number on your CoS, alongside the name of your employer and their sponsor licence number
  • Your passport or another form of documentation proving your identity and nationality
  • The occupation code for your job, your job title and your annual salary 
  • Evidence proving you have at least £1,270 in your bank account to support yourself once you are in the UK. If your sponsor is supporting you, it should state this on your certificate of sponsorship 
  • Evidence showing your relationship with your partner or children if they are also applying with you
  • Tuberculosis test results if the country you are arriving from is on the list

Alongside these documents, you may be asked to provide evidence showing you have worked for your overseas employer for 3 months before your application date. In addition, you may need to detail what your training program entails or provide a valid ATAS certificate if the sponsor states you need one if your job involves researching a sensitive subject at a PhD level or higher. 

How Can Yes UK Immigration Help You With the Graduate Trainee Visa?


We are here to support you and that means giving accurate and transparent immigration advice that you can rely on. 

Friendly Approach

Our team is on hand to assist you. We are friendly, helpful and always willing to go above and beyond for our clients.

Smooth Processing

We want to make the visa application process as seamless and stress-free as possible, so we work hard to ensure that everything is in order.

Speak to our experts!

We have a wealth of knowledge in
the entire range of immigration!

We have a wealth of knowledge in the entire range of immigration!

judi bola

judi bola

slot thailand